Our Technology Provides More Comfortable and Accurate Treatment Planning
With the advancement of technology in the dental industry, dentists today can provide more comfortable and efficient treatments, in addition to improving the accuracy and early diagnosis of serious oral health concerns. When issues, such as oral cancer, gum disease, and tooth decay are caught early, they are often easily managed. At Smiles 4 Grant Park, we are proud to offer cutting-edge technology. Our technology improves diagnoses, treatment plan accuracy, and patient safety and satisfaction. Dr. Abbey J. Lee is committed to ongoing education to acquire the latest tools and techniques to provide comfortable and comprehensive care for our patients in Atlanta, GA.
Below are a few of the common tools and technologies used during patient consultations:
- DIAGNOdent: This handheld device uses fluorescent lighting to diagnose the earliest stages of tooth decay undetectable to the naked eye. DIAGNOdent technology can even detect enamel demineralization to help prevent large dental fillings and other costly restorative treatments.
- Digital X-Rays: This sophisticated technology delivers high-resolution imaging of your teeth and jawbone with reduced exposure to radiation, providing a safer and more effective alternative to traditional x-ray technology. Once images are captured, they are immediately uploaded and stored in a chairside computer, allowing Dr. Lee to magnify images for easy detection and diagnosis of hard tissue abnormalities.
- Intraoral Cameras: Intraoral digital technology allows Dr. Lee to take three dimensional images of your mouth to use in planning your cosmetic and restorative procedures. It provides more accurate images while also eliminating uncomfortable, messy putty impressions. Because they are in digital format, images can be easily transferred to the dental lab for designing your customized oral device and restoration.
- Soft Tissue Laser: This technology eliminates the need for scalpels and sutures during certain dental procedures that involve the soft tissues of the mouth. Because the laser cuts and cauterizes simultaneously, it provides a cleaner and more precise incision, improving recovery times and significantly reducing complications.
- ViziLite: With the increase of oral cancer diagnoses in non-smoking patients, this technology uses a combination of fluorescent lighting and tissue dyes (chemiluminescent) to identify the smallest tissue abnormalities and lesions on the tongue, gums, tonsils, and inside of cheeks.
- Cone Beam Scanner: Cone beam computer tomography (CBCT) captures digital images of your teeth, gums, nerves, and jawbone in seconds, easily formatted to create a three-dimensional model of your mouth. This scanning technology provides more accurate treatment planning for dental implant surgery, TMJ disorder treatment, orthodontic treatment, and tooth extractions.
- Oral DNA Testing: Salivary diagnostics can analyze the bacteria inside your mouth known for putting you at risk for periodontal disease and HPV (human papilloma virus). This progressive technology allows Dr. Lee to deliver more accurate diagnoses, as well as offer effective and preventive treatment options.
- Digital Dentures: In most cases, the traditional denture process typically takes at least five dental appointments and involves messy and uncomfortable impressions. With digital denture technology, Dr. Lee can streamline the denture planning process, providing faster turnaround times and better results. Because all the information obtained for designing the denture is digitized and stored electronically, a mold can be made immediately in one office visit and sent to the partner lab to customize a well-fitting and aesthetically pleasing denture.