A Snap-on Smile is an oral device used to conceal imperfect, missing, or damaged teeth. Say goodbye to insecurities surrounding your teeth with this instant smile makeover! The device operates like a retainer and can be removed whenever you don’t want to wear it.
Is Snap-on Smile really as great as it sounds? Well, yes! But it does have some flaws. Check out the rest of this blog to learn about the pros and cons of Snap-on Smile.
Benefits of Snap-on Smile
Snap-on Smile offers several advantages to patients with an imperfect smile, including:
- Candidacy and Cost: Not all patients with missing teeth are candidates for dental implants or bridges, and not everyone can afford more expensive cosmetic procedures like porcelain veneers. Snap-on Smile is another option for those patients to consider. A Snap-on Smile typically ranges from $1,000 to $3,500.
- Cosmetic Enhancement: This oral device conceals all types of dental blemishes, including gapped teeth, discoloration, missing teeth, and crooked teeth without the need for extensive treatments.
- Fast Treatment: The dentist works alongside the patient to create her perfect smile, takes impressions, and sends them to a dental lab technician. This process usually consists of two dental visits and three to four weeks for the Snap-on Smile to be crafted— a relatively quick process compared to other cosmetic dental treatments.
- Safety and Comfort: Along with a convenient and non-invasive treatment process, wearing this oral device is safe and comfortable for the teeth and gums.
- Satisfying Results: The device is created from realistic-looking materials and designed to fit each patient’s mouth perfectly, creating a beautiful and natural-looking appearance.
- Warranty: Finally, all Snap-on Smiles come with a 12-month limited warranty.
Drawbacks of Snap-on Smile
A Snap-on Smile is an incredible treatment option, but it isn’t perfect. Here are some of the drawbacks of Snap-on Smile:
- The appliance typically lasts between two and five years. After that time, it will need to be replaced.
- The final result may not be as realistic as you would like. Snap-on Smile is made from a solid piece of resin which means there are no gaps between each tooth. Additionally, the final product may appear to be too perfect, making it unrealistic. Talking with your dentist in detail about your cosmetic goals can reduce this risk.
- Like with Lumineers, the appliance may appear bulky because it sits on top of your natural teeth.
- Unfortunately, cosmetic treatments like this one aren’t covered by insurance. However, our practice offers various financing options so money should never be the reason you can’t achieve a beautiful smile!
If these disadvantages turn you away, there are several other cosmetic dental treatments that can provide you with a more beautiful smile. Something as simple as a professional teeth whitening can do wonders for a person!
Snap-on Smile in Grant Park
Dr. Abbey J. Lee at Smiles for Grant Park is proud to offer Snap-on Smile to her patients. Her keen eye for detail and desire to produce satisfying results makes her the go-to dentist for all cosmetic dental treatments in Grant Park, OK!
Whether you’re interested in Snap-on Smile or other cosmetic dental options, contact our friendly dental team today at (404) 328-7177 to schedule an initial consultation.