Common TMJ Treatments to Alleviate PainJuly 26, 2019
8 Ways to Protect Your Dental VeneersAugust 16, 2019
Many individuals are dissatisfied with certain aesthetic elements of their smile. Sometimes it’s not always convenient (or budget-friendly) to undergo a comprehensive smile makeover procedure. Snap-on Smile® is a non-invasive, removable dental appliance that fits over the existing teeth for dramatic results. Dr. Abbey Lee offers this revolutionary treatment at our Grant Park practice.
Are you looking for a way to improve the appearance of your smile without extensive dental procedures? You may be a candidate for Snap-on Smile. To schedule an appointment, call our office at 404-328-7177.
More about Snap-On Smile
When you choose Snap-on Smile, a custom dental appliance is fabricated according to your unique oral anatomy. Think of it as a retainer – only instead of being clear, the tray is custom-shaded to look like natural teeth. Snap-on Smile can be used to enhance the upper arch, the lower arch, or both. In this post, we’ll explore some of the benefits of the procedure as well as some of the drawbacks.
Pros of Snap-On Smile
For the right patient, Snap-on Smiles offers a wide range of benefits. For example, this treatment is:
- Affordable: Compared to alternative cosmetic procedures, Snap-on Smile is cost-effective. The total fees can vary significantly depending on a variety of factors. For example, a partial arch is less expensive than a full arch. Typically, treatment can range from $1,000 to $3,500 per arch.
- Non-invasive: Porcelain veneers – a common treatment alternative – require the removal of enamel. This compromises natural tooth structure and overall oral health. Snap-on Smile simply fits over the natural teeth, so no alteration is necessary.
- Instant results: Orthodontic treatment can take one to two years to complete – sometimes even longer. With Snap-on Smile, patients simply place the appliance in their mouth for instant, dramatic results.
- No needles: Many cosmetic treatments require numbing with local anesthesia. There is no need for drilling or incisions when you choose Snap-on Smile, so you won’t need any injections.
- Fast treatment: Snap-on Smile can be completed in as few as two appointments. As soon as the lab fabricates your appliance, it’s ready to wear.
- Warranty: All Snap-on Smile appliances come with a 12-month limited warranty.
Cons of Snap-On Smile
There are also a few drawbacks to Snap-on Smile. For example:
- The appliance will need to be replaced. On average, Snap-on Smile lasts between two and five years. This should be considered when deciding on a treatment plan.
- No visible gaps between the teeth. Because Snap-on Smile is fabricated from a solid piece of resin, there are no gaps as there are between natural teeth or veneers. If someone were to look closely, this could indicate that the teeth are prosthetic.
- Results can be “too good”. It’s possible for this kind of appliance to look “too good”. Be sure you discuss your cosmetic goals with Dr. Lee during a consultation. She can help ensure that your new smile doesn’t look fake.
- The teeth may appear bulky. Because Snap-on Smile fits directly over the natural teeth, results can appear bulky – particularly if the patient has large teeth to begin with.
- Treatment is not covered by insurance. Like all cosmetic dental treatments, insurance will not cover Snap-on Smiles. However, we offer a variety of financing options at our Grant Park practice.
Contact Our Grant Park Office Today
Want to find out if you’re a candidate for Snap-on Smiles? Schedule a visit with Dr. Lee by calling 404-328-7177. You can also contact us online anytime.